Innovation is introduction of new ideas, products, services and practices which are intended to be useful. The main driver for innovation is courage and energy. Innovation is recognized when it is commercially available.
Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University is conducting four professional courses in the field of Forestry. All these courses have immense potential for entrepreneurial activities. The role of academic incubation cell towards theses courses and our students is to provide a motivational platform for the entrepreneurial culture to take root into their innovative minds. We aim to move our students from ‘Techno-innovation to techno-entrepreneurship.
MANDATE OF INCUBATION CELL
- Carry out activities that facilitate knowledge creation, innovation and entrepreneurship activities
- Promote and foster the spirit of entrepreneurship by networking with professional resources, which include mentors, experts, consultants and advisors.
- Identify technologies/innovations which have potential for commercial ventures.
- Supporting New R& D ideas on Forest based livelihood sector
- A entrepreneurship and skill development centre easily accessible to budding entrepreneur and alumni.
- Step towards setting up livelihood and business incubation centre for forestry based sector.